The Boston Spa, Wetherby & Villages Green Group was set up with three objectives:
- To reduce our carbon emissions
- To increase biodiversity
- To reduce waste and increase recycling in our communities
Our aim is to help the environment in our local area, but hopefully other areas can benefit from some of our ideas.
We have so far set up 5 community action groups to focus on specific areas, namely:
- Protecting and increasing Tree Cover
- Making Cycling safer
- Reducing Waste and increasing Recycling
- Creating Wildlife Corridors
- Reducing Food Waste
See tabs above for each group’s pages and blogs/news.
We also have four developing projects
- Creating a clean river environment
- A community repair shop / café
- Net zero carbon & energy efficiency
- Young Peoples Green Group
Every week in Boston Spa, Wetherby and Villages, we are getting new members joining us who would like to get involved in some aspect of protecting our local environment, reducing our carbon waste, increasing biodiversity or reducing waste. We are now up to 155 members and growing!
Next Group Meeting
If you share our desire to improve our local environment and do what we can personally and as a community to reduce our carbon footprint, please come along to our next open meeting, which are held bi-monthly in Boston Spa Methodist Church.
The next meeting is on Tuesday 1st February 2022 at 7.15pm.
- Eco Friendly Christmas IdeasTop Tips for a greener more sustainable Christmas: The typical Christmas wrapping paper is…
- Don’t Bin Your Pumpkin FleshDon’t waste the pumpkin flesh when making your Halloween lanterns etc. Pumpkin seeds can…
- Why the UK’s 1% of global emissions is a big dealLike and share on Facebook It’s often claimed the UK, at 1% of global…
- Eco Fair/Green Weekend, Saturday 2nd OctoberWETHERBY METHODIST CHURCH, BANK STREET & WETHERBY TOWN HALL, MARKET SQUARE 10am to 4pm…
- What is Climate Change?Like and share on Facebook Our climate is changing. Every time you travel by…
Click here to see All Posts.
Can you pledge?
Want to know more, do more, understand more? complete your details here and we’ll be back in touch;
Contact Webmaster Only
To contact a Green Group sub-group, please contact them on their respective pages (see links at the top of this page).
Please Contact the Webmaster if about this site or you are a group leader and need help.