The Boston Spa, Wetherby & Villages Green Group was set up with three objectives:
- To reduce our carbon emissions
- To increase biodiversity
- To reduce waste and increase recycling in our communities
Our aim is to help the environment in our local area but hopefully other areas can benefit from some of our ideas.
We have so far set up 5 community action groups to focus on specific areas, namely:
- Protecting and increasing Tree Cover
- Making Cycling safer
- Reducing Waste and increasing Recycling
- Creating Wildlife Corridors
- Reducing Food Waste
See tabs above for each group’s pages and blogs/news.
We also have two developing projects:
- Creating a clean river environment
- A community repair shop / café
Every week in Boston Spa, Wetherby and Villages, we are getting new members joining us who would like to get involved in some aspect of protecting our local environment, reducing our carbon waste, increasing biodiversity or reducing waste. We are now up to 120 members and growing!
Next Group Meeting
If you share our desire to improve our local environment and do what we can personally and as a community to reduce our carbon footprint, please come along to our next open meeting, which are held bi-monthly in Boston Spa Methodist Church.
Unfortunately, in light of the worsening situation with Coronavirus, meetings are currently on hold. But updates from each sub group will be posted very soon, so please check back here.
- New Cycle PathNearly finished cycling path created by Sustrans from bridge at Newton Kyme to Thorpe … Read more
- Go paperless, save treesDid you know, it takes over 100 trees to make the paper and envelopes … Read more
- The Importance of Leaving DeadwoodI am dead woodAnd I am dead goodFor a truly healthy forest or wood … Read more
- Guide to home compostingCompost really is the gift that keeps on giving. Reduce your household’s food waste … Read more
- CAN I FREEZE IT? YES YOU CAN!https://youtu.be/Y75B4TvzFMA M&S’s director of food technology, Paul Willgoss, and resident chef, Steve Fitzgerald, share … Read more
Contact Webmaster Only
To contact a Green Group sub-group, please contact them on their respective pages (see links at the top of this page).
Please Contact the Webmaster if about this site or you are a group leader and need help.