The Boston Spa, Wetherby & Villages Green Group was set up with three objectives:
- To reduce our carbon emissions
- To increase biodiversity
- To reduce waste and increase recycling in our communities
Our aim is to help the environment in our local area but hopefully other areas can benefit from some of our ideas.
We have so far set up 5 community action groups to focus on specific areas, namely:
- Protecting and increasing Tree Cover
- Making Cycling safer
- Reducing Waste and increasing Recycling
- Creating Wildlife Corridors
- Reducing Food Waste
See tabs above for each group’s pages and blogs/news.
We also have two developing projects:
- Creating a clean river environment
- A community repair shop / café
Every week in Boston Spa, Wetherby and Villages, we are getting new members joining us who would like to get involved in some aspect of protecting our local environment, reducing our carbon waste, increasing biodiversity or reducing waste. We are now up to 120 members and growing!
Next Group Meeting
If you share our desire to improve our local environment and do what we can personally and as a community to reduce our carbon footprint, please come along to our next open meeting, which are held bi-monthly in Boston Spa Methodist Church.
Unfortunately, in light of the worsening situation with Coronavirus, meetings are on Zoom and the next meeting is on Wednesday 20 January 2021 at 7.30pm.
- Ecobrick collection, now at Yeadons, Boston SpaEcobricks are a simple, low-tech solution to our plastic waste. Without the need for…
- How Green are you?Check out your ‘green’ credentials, with our fun quiz. Answer these 27 easy questions…
- Water QualityFrom Surfers Against Sewage We hate to break it to you but chances are,…
- Please save Environmental ProtectionsFrom Friends of the Earth The government’s plans to tear up the English planning…
- Bird and Bat BoxesDuring the quietness of lockdown, we realised we had a family of starlings nesting…
Contact Webmaster Only
To contact a Green Group sub-group, please contact them on their respective pages (see links at the top of this page).
Please Contact the Webmaster if about this site or you are a group leader and need help.