The Boston Spa, Wetherby & Villages Green Group was set up with three objectives:
- To reduce our carbon emissions
- To increase biodiversity
- To reduce waste and increase recycling in our communities
Our aim is to help the environment in our local area but hopefully other areas can benefit from some of our ideas.
We have so far set up 5 community action groups to focus on specific areas, namely:
- Protecting and increasing Tree Cover
- Making Cycling safer
- Reducing Waste and increasing Recycling
- Creating Wildlife Corridors
- Reducing Food Waste
See tabs above for each group’s pages and blogs/news.
We also have two developing projects:
- Creating a clean river environment
- A community repair shop / café
Every week in Boston Spa, Wetherby and Villages, we are getting new members joining us who would like to get involved in some aspect of protecting our local environment, reducing our carbon waste, increasing biodiversity or reducing waste. We are now up to 120 members and growing!
Next Group Meeting
If you share our desire to improve our local environment and do what we can personally and as a community to reduce our carbon footprint, please come along to our next open meeting, which are held bi-monthly in Boston Spa Methodist Church.
Unfortunately, in light of the current situation with Coronavirus, meetings are on Zoom and the next meeting is on Monday 24 May 2021 at 7.30pm.
- Closing the LoopAs we hear more and more about climate change, we are asking local businesses…
- International Stop Food Waste Day 28th April 2021Whilst International Stop Food Waste day is 28th April 2021 is a fairly American…
- Earth Day 22 AprilEARTH DAY 2021 is today. It happens every year on April 22nd. Since its…
- Big Bike FixOur Community Green Group started the Boston Big Bike Fix in January 2021 as…
- NEW Boston Spa Geocache TrailLike and share on Facebook Welcome to our series of 10 Boston Spa Green…
Click here to see All Posts.
Contact Webmaster Only
To contact a Green Group sub-group, please contact them on their respective pages (see links at the top of this page).
Please Contact the Webmaster if about this site or you are a group leader and need help.