This Group aims to connect existing wildlife areas and help improve existing areas.
- Nest boxes – add and maintain nesting sites for wildlife.
- Hedgehogs – connect gardens to improve habitat and see our Hedgehog page.
- Protect existing areas – plant and maintain areas that can help improve wildlife.
- Spread the word about ideas and encourage business to change for the better.
What Can You Do?
- make a nest box or have space for one – see Sara’s blog about her project on bird boxes;
- add a hole under/in your garden wall or fence for hedgehogs etc – see also our Hedgehog page and Mark’s blog about rescuing a hedgehog;
- plant your garden with insect-friendly plants – The Pollinator Garden and Wildlife Trust are good links;
- create safe lodging for frogs, toads and newts in your garden – see the RSPB’s how-to guide;
- provide a haven for insects in your garden – see the Wildlife Trust’s Guide on Taking Action for Insects;
- complain about peat-based compost – peat is a carbon store and should NOT be used;
- use your pen (or fingers) – don’t underestimate the power of a simple complaint. See Pen Power for our campaigns.
Please check other groups to see what you can do.